Skip to main content

The Bourne Legacy #2

So in the next pages I've read into The Bourne Legacy were more focused on the nameless man, who we later find out that his last name is Bourne. Anyways, to summarize what I read very briefly...
- the nameless man beats up a bunch of fisherman on their ship because he got hit in the sun don't shine
- he needs to get out of town because he beat up those fisherman real good and he doesn't want their relatives and friends to come after him
- he leaves Washburn (sad) and leaves toward Zurich, where the chip found in his body suggested he go to in order to find out about his past
- while gathering supplies to head to Zurich he stops by a few towns, stealing money and clothes from a rich guy and creating a fake passport
- he is still confused as to how he did that
If you're curious as to where Zurich
is, here's a map. Bourne came to
Zurich from France.

I left off on the man reaching a hotel in Zurich to find that he's actually been there before and the hotel manager welcomes him back as a good customer, addressing the man as "Bourne".

These pages I've read into really made me more interested in the character "Bourne". They made me think back to Washburn's words to his patient, saying that his abilities will gradually come back but with no memory of how he obtained them. This makes me wonder just how much Bourne will be able to do once he has obtained all of his previous abilites. He's already shown tremendous skill in combat as well as having good survival skills.
Another thing I like is that the author does a very good job in characterizing Bourne. From the chapters I've read recently the point of view has changed to first person, and Ludlum does a good job in using this. During his episodes of when he displays his previous abilities, whether it be fighting against three different people at once or gathering information from a conversation at the opposite side of the room, you can see that his mind turns nearly blank. After, Bourne always ends up confused in how he did the things he did. He even starts to fear his past and his abilities.

That's all I've gotten through right now in this book. With the semester nearly at an end you can probably expect more content in these posts since I'll basically be reading non-stop. Anyways, until next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foreshadowing in "Strawberry Spring" - Night Shift

This story, "Strawberry Spring", was actually a story in Night Shift  that I read quite a while ago. 129 pages ago to be exact. I wanted to post about this story a while ago, but I couldn't get around to it because of "Battleground". Anyways, I enjoyed this story because it employed many writing elements that caught my attention. In this post I will review one of them, foreshadowing. "Strawberry Spring" is about life on a community college campus that is haunted by a serial killer dubbed "Springheel Jack". The campus is brought strawberry spring, a sort of "fake" spring. This spring brought along an occasional thick fog, and with this fog brought Springheel Jack. Every time the fog shrouded over the campus, a person was killed. It is unknown who the killer is until it is revealed in the end of the book. WARNING * SPOILER ALERT * THE KILLER IS THE NARRATOR * SPOILER ALERT * WARNING That's right the killer i

"Night Shift - Battleground" by Stephen King

I don't know much about this movie, but  I heard it's about a rubber wheel that kills people. I dunno, don't ask. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ For this blog post, I will still be covering the book Night Shift  by Stephen King. Right now I am a little over 100 pages and honestly, the stories have been getting to be a little lackluster lately. I mean, there's been one called "The Mangler" and it was about a possessed ironing machine that enjoyed killing people. Yeah. Kinda like that movie over there ------------> Anyways, let's get on with Night Shift . After all the dumb stories about killer rats and ironing machines and whatnot, I reached a story that I knew I would enjoy at the very beginning. It's called "Battleground", and it starts on page 117. And I don't like this story because it was actually scary like it was supposed to be. I liked it because of its absolutely novel idea of conflict. In "Battleground" you follow a man na

Beginning Ingledove

Welp, back at blogging, I suppose... The book that I picked randomly off a bookshelf and will share with you today is called Ingledove  by Marly Youmans. If you want to ask me what I'll expect from this book then expect a pathetic response since I've only read the summary. The summary tells about two siblings who happen upon a fabled civilization in the mountains call "Adantis" (Atlantis?) where Ingledove's brother is very vaguely described to be kidnapped or taken or stabbed. I don't know the details, the summary says "drawn to a place of death", so maybe it's a literal place of death? Anyways, Ingledove is caught in  quest to save her brother from whatever it is that's killing him. What I expect is a fantasy adventure where the main character must undergo several trials in order to reach her goal. The author of the book, Marly Youmans, is an author I've never heard of before. After finding a Wikipedia article about her I found that